[Ottawa] June - Kanban System Design ® (KMP I) (1)
Time & Location
About The Event
KANBAN SYSTEMS DESIGN (KMP I)
Learn the Kanban Method and the concepts of flow, pull, and collaborative improvement. The class includes a Kanban simulation as well as interactive exercises to design an actual Kanban system.
Instructors: James Steele
Who Should attend?
This class is for those who take responsibility for improving delivery of products and services to customers of their technology and, speaking more broadly, professional service businesses.
Your classmates may include first and second line managers, project managers, product managers, experienced individual contributors and technical experts, scrum masters, business unit leaders, C-level executives, their improvement coaches and consultants.
What Will You Learn?
- Understanding the Kanban method, principles and practices
- Apply systems thinking to design and introduce a unique Kanban system in your unique work environment
- Graduate from organizing your work with a team Kanban board to designing a Kanban system to improve customer-focused service delivery and to make a difference in your business
Day 1 - Overview
- Kanban in action
- Key elements of a Kanban system, such as commitment points, work item types, classes of service, explicit policies, cadences
- Kanban system mechanics, such as pull, replenishment, delivery
- Key Kanban system indicators, such as lead time and cumulative-flow diagram
Day 2 - STATIK: the systems thinking approach to introducing Kanban
- Kanban case study
- Creating context for change
- Demand analysis
- Workflow visualization
- Discovering and designing classes of service
- Replenishment and delivery cadences
- Kanban system visualization
All days consist largely of interactive group exercises and games.
Lunch & refreshments are provided.
EARLY BIRD KMPI: $1500
- KMPI - Early Bird$1,500+$195 HST$1,500+$195 HST0$0
- KMPI$2,000+$260 HST$2,000+$260 HST0$0