[ONLINE] September - Kanban Coaching Practices (KCP)
Time & Location
About The Event
This class is delivered as a sequence of morning sessions (between 9 am and 12:30 pm), with a 30 minute break in between. The exact class schedule will be published closer to the class.
KANBAN COACHING PRACTICES (KCP)
This course will teach coaching tools and techniques to be successful leading significant evolutionary change initiatives with a goal of achieving Maturity Level 2 or Maturity Level 3 at an enterprise scale. This 2-day class offers a codified Kanban Method approach to introducing and implementing change and is specifically designed to augment the Kanban Maturity Model class.
Who Should attend?
Coach/Consultant: “My job is to help people and organizations improve and realize their full potential. But I work with many people and groups in this large, complex organization. How can I vary my advice and be sure it is appropriate in their context?”
What Will You Learn?
Module 1 - Observe
- How Kanban coaches read situations, 12 Focusing Questions, practice on case studies
- Psychology: individual, group, professional identity, how organizational change affects it, how to tread carefully (lessons from the field)
- Sociology: social entropy and cohesion, social capital and policy mapping, Immelman framework, consequences of ignoring (lessons from the field)
- KMM Leadership extension in detail, leadership modes and behaviours
Module 2 - Respond
- Coaching stance: what Kanban coaches do and don’t do, how to escalate motivation for change
- Coaching tools: process coaching or management training dilemma, Kanban appropriateness, mechanical and cultural reasons for applying Kanban
- More coaching tools: agendas, contextual assessment, Kanban market positioning, engagement design
- Kanban Coaching Professional (KCP) in action: exercise, update your ML transition designs from the KCP perspective
All days consist largely of interactive group exercises.