November TKP - TEAM KANBAN PRACTITIONER
Time & Location
About The Event
TEAM KANBAN PRACTITIONER (TKP)
You'll be surprised how much hidden work your team has! Team Kanban unhides it, gets it organized, relieves people from overburdening, and helps your team get it finished with quality and pride of workmanship. The 1-day Team Kanban Practitioner (TKP) class teaches you that.
Instructors: One or more of Martin Aziz, Fernando Cuenca and Alexei Zheglov
What will you learn?
- Basic Kanban concepts: visual board, work-in-process (WIP), team metrics
- Kanban's core practices
- How to improve transparency, collaboration, and balance
- Key Team Kanban board design patterns and how to choose the right one for your team
- How to apply WIP limits and deal with work of varying urgency
- How to conduct Kanban-style standup meetings
- How to effectively commit to new work
- What your company may need to do beyond Team-level Kanban
We teach the class with many interactive exercises, games and simulations. We design actual Team Kanban boards in the class. You can take these designs to your office after the class.
What Will You Learn?
- Understanding the Kanban method, principles and practices
- Apply systems thinking to design and introduce a unique Kanban system in your unique work environment
- Graduate from organizing your work with a team Kanban board to designing a Kanban system to improve customer-focused service delivery and to make a difference in your business
The day includes four intensive sessions, two before lunch and two after lunch, with proper coffee breaks in between. It takes about eight hours to complete the agenda. Public classes typically run 9 to 5. In private classes, we can shift the eight-hour frame according to your needs. Here's the approximate agenda for each of the four class sessions:
- Q1 - Introduction to Kanban, core practices and basic concepts
- Q2 -Team Kanban simulation (different scenarios)
- Q3 - Board design patterns, design and refine your own
- Q4 - Feedback loops, limitations of the team-level approach
Individuals who complete this course are awarded the Team Kanban Practitioner (TKP) credential by Lean Kanban University.
Lunch & refreshments are provided.
COST: $1,100 + HST = $1,243
EARLY BIRD: $1000 + HST = $1,130