Kanban Maturity Model® (KMM) - March Online
Time & Location
About The Event
KANBAN MATURITY MODEL (KMM) (5 mornings)
The Kanban Maturity Model codifies more than 10 years of experience implementing Kanban across diverse industries, in businesses small to extremely large. It plays an important role in creating unity, alignment, a sense of purpose and good governance. Use it to gain a better sense of achievement, provide better products and services, delight your customers, and realize superior business results.
The Kanban Maturity Model maps typical Kanban practices as well as cultural values against 7 organizational maturity levels. This becomes a powerful tool for coaches and consultants leading Kanban initiatives and helping businesses improve their agility.
KMM provides a proven road-map of guidance on recommended practices to meet improvement goals. This road-map helps eliminate two common failure modes in Kanban and Agile implementations: overreaching causing an aborted start; and false summit plateaus that fail to realize full benefit.
Students who already have the KMP credentials, and complete both the KMM and Kanban Coaching Practices classes, will receive the Kanban Coaching Professional (KCP) credential awarded by Kanban University.
This class will take place across 5 days, from 9am to 12:30pm Eastern Time online using Zoom + Miro tools. Each session will include a 30-minute break at the midpoint of the class.
Students may bundle this class with Kanban Coaching Practices (KCP), which will be delivered after the class on April 11 to 14 2022. Choose "KMM + KCP Bundle" at checkout.
Who Should attend?
Executive Sponsor: “I have a vision for my company. I also know my managers and coaches do all kinds of well-intentioned things in the name of improvement. How can I track the progress of improvement initiatives? How can I be sure they align with the direction where I’m taking my company?”
Coach/Consultant: “My job is to help people and organizations improve and realize their full potential. But I work with many people and groups in this large, complex organization. How can I vary my advice and be sure it is appropriate in their context?”
Manager: “I take responsibility for a service (product, project) and for improving its customer outcomes. How can I be sure my efforts align with other managers and with the overall direction of the company set by the Executive?”
What Will You Learn?
Module 1 - Maturity
- Sobering thoughts about “transformations”
- Why KMM? KMM purpose and architecture, avoidance of two key failure modes and transformation fallacies
- KMM level by level, illustrated by observable patterns, business benefits of each level
- Pragmatic pivot with KMM from transformations to applying practices with intent and increasing organizational maturity
Module 2 - Evolution
- Mechanism of evolutionary change, how you can plan, guide and pace it
- ML1-ML2 transition: understand barriers to ML2, illustration via case study, exercise: design transition to ML2 for your organization
- ML2-ML3 transition: understand barriers to ML3, illustration via case study, exercise: design transition to ML3 for your organization
- Introduction to KMM Leadership extension. Decision filters for organization’s leaders.
Module 3 - Reality
- ML1-ML2 transition:
- Barriers to ML2
- Tools, guidance on how to overcome the barriers
- Desirable leadership qualities for successful transition
- Update your ML1-ML2 design
- Test your ML1-ML2 design against the barriers
- The same structure for ML2-ML3
- The same structure for ML3-ML4
- Important integrations with: Lean/TPS and Real World Risk
All days consist largely of interactive group exercises.
- KMM$3,000+$390 HST$3,000+$390 HST0$0
- KMM BlackFriday$2,100+$273 HST$2,100+$273 HST0$0
- KMM + KCP Bundle$5,000+$650 HST$5,000+$650 HST0$0
- KMM + KCP BlackFriday$3,500+$455 HST$3,500+$455 HST0$0