Mon, Apr 11|
Kanban Coaching Practices (KCP) - April Online
This course will teach coaching tools and techniques to be successful leading significant evolutionary change initiatives. This class offers a codified Kanban Method approach to introducing and implementing change and is specifically designed to augment the Kanban Maturity Model class.
Time & Location
Apr 11, 2022, 9:00 a.m. EDT – Apr 14, 2022, 12:30 p.m. EDT
About The Event
KANBAN COACHING PRACTICES (KCP) - 4 mornings
This course will teach coaching tools and techniques to be successful in leading significant evolutionary change initiatives with a goal of achieving Maturity Level 2 or Maturity Level 3 at an enterprise scale. This 2-day class offers a codified Kanban Method approach to introducing and implementing change and is specifically designed to augment the Kanban Maturity Model class.
Students who already have the KMP credentials, and complete both the KMM and KCP classes, will receive the Kanban Coaching Professional (KCP) credential awarded by Kanban University.
This class will take place across 4 days, from 9am to 12:30pm Eastern Time online using Zoom + Miro tools. Each session will include a 30-minute break at the midpoint of the class.
Students may bundle this class with Kanban Maturity Model (KMM), which will be delivered before the class on March 28 to April 1, 2022. Choose "KMM + KCP Bundle" at checkout.
Who Should attend?
Coach/Consultant: “My job is to help people and organizations improve and realize their full potential. But I work with many people and groups in this large, complex organization. How can I vary my advice and be sure it is appropriate in their context?”
What Will You Learn?
Module 1 - Observe
- How Kanban coaches read situations, 12 Focusing Questions, practice on case studies
- Psychology: individual, group, professional identity, how organizational change affects it, how to tread carefully (lessons from the field)
- Sociology: social entropy and cohesion, social capital and policy mapping, Immelman framework, consequences of ignoring (lessons from the field)
- KMM Leadership extension in detail, leadership modes and behaviours
Module 2 - Respond
- Coaching stance: what Kanban coaches do and don’t do, how to escalate motivation for change
- Coaching tools: process coaching or management training dilemma, Kanban appropriateness, mechanical and cultural reasons for applying Kanban
- More coaching tools: agendas, contextual assessment, Kanban market positioning, engagement design
- Kanban Coaching Professional (KCP) in action: exercise, update your ML transition designs from the KCP perspective
All days consist largely of interactive group exercises.